PAN FRIED FISH with MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES
- ~1lb firm white fish, such as cusk
- Salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes.
- Small can of black olives, drained & sliced
- Several handfuls of baby spinach
Lightly season fish with salt and pepper. Using a large saute pan, heat oil on a medium high heat. When the oil shimmers, gently place the fish in the pan. Arrange the garlic, tomatoes, and olives around the fillet. Fry the fish about 3-5 minutes per side. You’re looking for the flesh to turn opaque and begin flaking. Thicker fillets will take longer than thinner ones. When you flip the fillet, add your spinach and let it wilt. Add any spices or additional salt and pepper to taste. When ready to serve, gently lift the fish out of the pan and plate with your veggies. Enjoy with cod, haddock, cusk, hake, redfish, monkfish and more.