- 1 pack of monkfish
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP of butter or oil
- 1 TBSP of capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. Place monkfish fillet in a non-metallic bowl* and pour marinade over. Marinate under refrigeration for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat butter/ oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the fillets with the marinade for five minutes on each side, or until the color turns from translucent white to solid white. Avoid browning by lowering the heat if necessary.
3. Place the skillet with fillets in the oven for 10 minutes to seal in the flavors. Remove and top with lemon slices and capers.
Side notes: The dish goes great with wild rice, pearl couscous, or a bed of wilted spinach. Add roasted vegetables for a healthy meal bursting with flavor.
*Why non-metallic? When you marinade has acidic components like the lemon juice in this recipe, it can sometimes react with the metals in your cookware and affect the flavor of your meal.